Make a Donation
- Funds help us to preserve and care for the historic objects in our care
- Funding goes towards our community outreach and education projects, working with local partners to offer worthwhile and engaging events to improve wellbeing
- Helping us to support local artists through exhibitions and workshops
- Supporting the upkeep of our Georgian stable block, the building the houses the Museum and its collections
- Funding training for volunteers to provide ongoing education and lifelong learning opportunities for the communities of Torfaen
If you would like to donate, please do so here …
Donate an Object
Torfaen Museum has only been able to develop its collections thanks to the generous donations of objects from people in the community. These items are either displayed or stored, where they can contribute to research and learning in future, offering valuable opportunities for advancing education. All objects, displayed or stored, will continue to be cared for and made accessible on request.
Do you have something you would like to donate?
Please note that we do not accept unsolicited donations. These items will be returned to the donor.
If you would like to donate an item, please contact us first with information about the object(s). You can do this either by email at firstname.lastname@example.org, by phone on 01495 752036, or you can write to the Museum’s Curator, Torfaen Museum, Park Buildings, Pontypool, Torfaen, NP4 6JH. If you are able to send photographs, this would help us immensely.
We collect material with a strong connection to Torfaen’s history that:
- Relates to the Museum’s collecting priorities as detailed in our Collections Development Policy (copy available on request)
- Is in good condition
- Has good provenance, a story behind it and contextual information, such as a link to a local individual, event or building
We unfortunately cannot accept everything that is offered to the Museum for the following reasons:
- There are already sufficient examples in the collection
- The item would be more relevant to another Museum’s collecting area
- There is insufficient information about the item
- The item is not relevant to the history of Torfaen
- The item is in poor condition
- The item does not fit in with the Museum’s Collections Development Policy.
Every item offered is considered carefully by the curatorial team in relation to our collecting policy and existing collections. We will contact you to either accept or decline your offer.
If you wish to report finds of archaeological material, please contact a Finds Liaison Officer for South Wales. Further information about reporting archaeological finds and full contact details are available on the Portable Antiquities Scheme website.
Tel: 01495 752036
Amgueddfa Torfaen Museum,
10am till 4pm
1pm till 4pm